- Since 2014, I’m a doctoral researcher in the VolkswagenStiftung-project “A study in explanatory power” (University of Duisburg-Essen).
- 2017, I was a visiting PhD student at the University of Edinburgh.
- 2015 – 2016, I was a visiting PhD student at NYU for a research stay at the interdisciplinary research center “Varieties of understanding”.
- 2011 – 2015, I was a research associate in the interdisciplinary project “Speech-gesture alignment” of the CRC 673 “Alignment in Communication” (Bielefeld University).
- Since 2015, I’m an ambassador for the “Society for Women in Philosophy Germany”.
- 2014 – 2016, I was spokeswoman of a young researchers’ Interdisciplinary Network for Studies Investigating Science and Technology (“INSIST”).
My research interests lie in topics in
- general philosophy of science (esp. explanation, models & simulations, statistical tools, measurement),
- epistemology (esp. understanding-why, knowledge-why),
- formal semantics (esp. multi-modal utterances),
- critical thinking instruction and argumentation theory.
If you’re interested in my research, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via (snail) mail or my Academia page.