I’m a Postdoctoral Researcher at Ruhr-University Bochum. I’m a member of the Emmy Noether Research Group “From perception to belief and back again”. I’m also an external Scientific Member on the Volkswagen Foundation project “A study in explanatory power” (University of Duisburg-Essen).
My PhD thesis was concerned with the nature of knowing why. During my PhD studies, I was
- a Researcher on the Volkswagen Foundation project “A study in explanatory power” (2014−2018)
- an Ernst Mach Visiting Research Fellow at the University of Salzburg (2017−2018)
- a visiting PhD student at the University of Edinburgh (2017) and at NYU (2015−2016)
- the spokeswoman for a young researchers’ Interdisciplinary Network for Studies Investigating Science and Technology (“INSIST”) (2014−2016)
My research interests lie in topics in
- general philosophy of science (esp. explanation, models & simulations, statistical tools, measurement),
- epistemology (esp. knowledge-wh, understanding),
- formal semantics (esp. multi-modal content, non-declarative sentences),
- critical thinking instruction and argumentation theory.
Although philosophy is my main occupation I have a profound interest in linguistics, as well. 2011–2015, I was a Researcher on the interdisciplinary project “Speech-gesture alignment” of the CRC 673 “Alignment in Communication” (Bielefeld University). At Bielefeld University I also did my Bachelor studies and Master studies in Philosophy and Linguistics (2008−2014).
Last but not least, I’m an ambassador for the “Society for Women in Philosophy Germany” since 2015.