I was awarded a teaching certificate for higher education teaching.
It involved 200 work units. I participated in workshops on topics such as competence-based course designs, advising students,
activating teaching methods, and e-learning.
I also engaged in peer-to-peer counseling and peer-to-peer sitting-in on classes.
Please find my teaching statement here.
Critical thinking instruction
Together with Daniel Milne-Plückebaum, I worked on topics in critical thinking instruction. For more see here:
FAQ for my students
Current students find an FAQ here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pCq7bJrcOcvqyO7d2GR1-aiRXK0vnDqoPWBDSuz7uRQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Spring 2019: Bachelor seminar “Introduction to Formal Logic” (online)
- Spring 2019: Bachelor seminar “Critical Thinking”
- Fall 2019: Bachelor seminar “Introduction to Formal Logic”
- Fall 2019: Bachelor seminar “Critical Thinking” (2x)
Ruhr University Bochum
- Spring 2019: Master seminar “Bence Nanay on perception. Students meet author” with Peter Brössel
- Fall 2018: Master seminar “Knowledge and concealed questions”
University of Duisburg-Essen
- Spring 2017: Bachelor seminar “John Stuart Mill’s theoretical philosophy: Language, knowledge, inference” (translated title)
- Fall 2016: Master seminar “Scientific explanations” (trans.)
- Spring 2015: Bachelor seminar “Knowledge and justification‘” (trans.)
- Fall 2013: Seminar (optional studies) “Introduction to philosophical argumentation theory” (trans.) with Daniel Milne-Plückebaum
- Spring 2013: Bachelor seminar “Introduction to modal logic” (trans.) with D. Milne-Plückebaum
- Fall 2012: Seminar (optional studies) “Introduction to inductive logic” (trans.) with D. Milne-Plückebaum
- Spring 2012: Seminar (optional studies) “Introduction to philosophical logic” (trans.) with D. Milne-Plückebaum
- Lecture on Statistical hypothesis testing and the p-value for the course “Professional Development” (Nanoscience Department)
- Lecture on Research hypotheses and statistical hypotheses for the course “Professional Development” (Nanoscience Department)
Teaching experience (as tutor/teaching assistant)
- Fall 2010: Tutorials for “Formal Methods in Linguistics” (trans.)
- Fall 2010: Tutorial for “Logic for Philosophers I” (trans.)
- Spring 2010: Tutorial for “Logic for Philosophers II” (trans.)